This shrine was first built in 650 (the current building is a reconstruction from 1775). Until the 19th century, it was a place of conjoined Buddhist and Shinto practice.
The shrine's territory was widely rearranged after the Meiji Restauration in 1868 to separate Buddhism and Shintoism in this place. The final constructions were finished in 1882.
There is a giant Breasted Ginkgo Tree (chichi-icho 乳銀杏) in front of the main shrine that is worshiped as a holy tree.
Distance from the station: 20 min.